Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

While I have loved my "Wedding Wednesday," I have to be honest - I just don't have that much to talk about when it comes to our wedding. I mean, maybe I am just not one of those girls that can go on and on about their wedding.

Yes I have dreamed about the day I get married. I dreamed about my life - who I would marry, how our life would be. I was not one of those girls that dreamed about the actual wedding day. I dreamed about marriage - and if our dating and engagement is anything like our married life - we will surpass any dream I could have imagined.

I mean I want to unfollow all of the wedding things I follow on pinterest, they drive me nuts, but they do give me great ideas to spring from so for now they stay on - but come May OFF THEY COME!

So - perhaps there will be more Wedding Wednesdays and perhaps not - so for now - Whatever Wednesdays work for me.   A place to write whatever I have on my mind.


Today it is the rain.  I live in Houston - we have been under "flood watch" for a day and it continues until tomorrow at Noon.  I LOVE THE RAIN - but I love the rain MORE when I am at home, in my jammies, drinking hot tea and reading a book - NOT at work in work clothes reading policies.  I read all of the time. My goal is 52 books a year - last year I read 57. I'm a very fast reader and I love reading. I do on occassion read during my lunch time at work - I shut my office door and read. Yes I know I am nerdy, yes I am ok with it.

Which leads me to two questions -
Do you have any book recommendations? (It can be chick lit, hard reads and anything in between, my list is getting dangerously low!)

Does anyone else love the rain?

3 comments:

Kelly V. said...

I love the rain too when I'm home! I need book reccomendations, I've been I'm a rut since I finished Gone Girl this fall & can't seem to get into anything :( would love to hear your favorites from last year!

WorthyStyle said...

I love reading too - and am a fast one as well. I would love to share some book picks that you may or may not have already tried:
1. Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
2. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
3. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
4. Atonement by Ian McEwan
5. June Bug by Chris Fabry
6. The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
7. Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris
8. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
9. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
10. Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg
11. Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews
12. My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
13. Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
14. The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe

Dawn said...

It must be very hard to be a bride in the Age of Pinterest. I'm glad to see you're keeping it all in proper perspective. 20 years from now, the only thing which will matter is your relationship.

Right now I am plodding my way through Anna Karenina. But don't be too impressed -- the last book I read before that was Bringing Home the Birkin!