Please join in the fun and link up with Lauren right here.
1. My first memory is from when I was about 4, I was in Disneyworld with my parents and my brother was about 1. I remember riding Dumbo over and over again with my dad. 2. My first love was a guy that I still keep in touch with. We dated from 18-21. He is a great and wonderful person. Funny thing is - he is getting married the month after B and I. I am glad we dated, I learned a lot about myself and I am glad he was such a great person to remember what a first love is all about. 3. My very first favorite color was yellow. I love yellow. 4. The first time I really felt like a grown up was when I had just graduated college and my cell phone broke. I called my dad and he said "well I'm glad you have a job". I realized right then and there - I was a grown up. I laugh about it now with my dad, but I was in shock then! :) I know it's lame! 5. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is go to the bathroom. Doesn't everyone? 6. The first CD I ever bought was the spindoctors. 7. My first car was a 1998 hunter green explorer. LOVED THAT CAR!
I have this happen every time me and my BFF get together and one of her friends from childhood is around. While they have known each other longer, I know my BFF and I have a different relationship than she does with her childhood friend.
It is just funny because the childhood friend ALWAYS has to say "we've been BFFs since Junior high" or something of that nature in order to validate the relationship or whatever. I just laugh.
1. Something I am very proud of is that I knew Law School wasn't the right fit for me. The fact I got in and went for a semester and that I knew after 4 months that I didn't want to be a lawyer. I think a lot of people get sucked into things and don't have the ability to step back. 2. My favorite thing about myself is my caring personality. I think I am very compassionate. 3. My favorite fall color is BURNT ORANGE...duh. Although, to me, it is an every day color, not just fall! 4. Something I've been learning lately is that I enjoy thrifting! 5. A book I am reading now is The Dressmaker. It is really good. 6. My favorite Pandora Station is The Michael Buble station. It drives B crazy. 7. This weekend I will be cleaning out my closet, going to the thrift stores, watching football and cooking!
1. Target. I get all kinds of cute dresses from Target - but I have a rule - no more than $20 for a dress from Target. They ALWAYS go on SALE...so I wait until the dress is under $20. Usually I try on in the store and and then look online. I always buy online because of coupon codes and variety. I will say I am guilty of the "Oh my shopping cart has $44 in it and I need $6 more for free shipping" so I add something that I may not normally try on - it is hit or miss - but you can always return!
2. Starbucks - pumpkin spice latte AND salted caramel fraps - I love fall - and I love that having a latte makes me THINK it is fall in Texas...even if it is 88 degrees outside when I wake up in the morning!
3. My new Chanel lipstick. Ok - I love makeup- I think EVERYONE knows this by now. Last week V and I went to a makeup event at Neimans. I fell in love with this lipstick! It is part of the Rouge Allue collection and the packaging is beautiful!
IT is amazing - and stupid expensive. It is my ONLY makeup purchase for this month.
4. I bought my dress!!! My wedding dress TOTALLY counts as a Friday Five!
5. B comes home. He's been in Montana for work. I've missed him!
I just put comment moderation on - hopefully for only a short time - but I have been getting a TON of spam comments (over 100 last night) so hopefully for a shot time it will help it go away. I know we all hate it - but I need to do something to not have so much JUNK! Any other ideas would be very helpful!
I think sometimes, as women - we need to realize that we are enough. I know who I am and I know I am a good person - but sometimes I need to remind myself that I am human and at the end of the day, I am enough.
This stuff is amazing. I actually learned about this stuff from Lisa Eldridge - if you love makeup, her blog is AMAZING. At only $19.50 I think this is a pretty great product. Let it be known I have pretty flawless skin (not to brag...but I break out into one or two pimples a month) so I use this mostly for under eyes and as a brightener. I don't really wear FULL face makeup all that often. I thank my mom so much for my skin as she has amazing skin. (She has less wrinkles than I do - she has olive skin tone and I WISH I had that!)
2. Bridier Baubles
Everytime I wear one of the pieces I have bought, I get compliments. I just love their pieces. The price point is a great price point - plus she sells BURNT ORANGE ITEMS. This Longhorn is very happy. The burnt orange bubble necklace is my favorite and I wore it to the game two weeks ago and I got so many compliments!
Ok so there isn't a link- but I have a secret...or not so secret secret - I LOVE TO READ. I don't get to as often as I woud like, but I do go to the library and check out the audiobook and hardcover book of the same book. I pop in the audiobook and start "reading" - I make note when the reader says a new chapter and when it is time to read at bedtime, I find my place and start reading. TIP: finish reading an entire chapter, that way you can skip the CD to new tracks as most new chapters start on a fresh track.
I get through books so quickly this way. Plus I don't have to listen to DJs on the radio.
I ALWAYS get a book on tape if I am driving more than an hour anywhere as that means at minimum 2 hours in the car - and a lot of books are 8-10 hours- you can get pretty far into the books!
4. Tights, Blazers and Cardigans
It is still hot here in Htown, but I like to look like fall - I can throw a blazer on over summer dresses and bring them into fall. Now I just want it to be in the 60s and 70s so I can wear all of my tights! I love some color on my legs - especially since they are PALE PALE PALE
5. Girls night out - especially when it is at Neimans on a Tuesday and you get free stuff. This past Tuesday a girlfriend and I went to a makeup event at Neimans. We got a giftbox FULL of free makeup stuff (which I love and I have started trying out the new products!) and we got free Champagne, small bites, and our makeup done at the Chanel counter - we both got new lipsticks that are out of our comfort zone but in a great way - and then we decided we looked to fabulous to NOT go out - so we did. It was wonderful.
1. Right now the weather where I live is HOT, humid and NOT Fall. Fall comes in the middle of October. I CANNOT WAIT!
2. The best piece of advice I've been given is I've had a lot of great advice, my parents LOVE to give advice and usually they are correct - best ever - Be yourself. Love yourself. If others don't love you for who you are, they are not right for you.
3. My most favorite person in all the world is B. I know some people would say their parents, their siblings etc - but the way I see my life is that B and I chose each other. My parents and my brother are RIGHT at a VERY close second - but B is my love, my life.
4. If I were to have a Mission Statement for my life it would be If you love the life you live, you will live the life of love"
5. My most favorite item in my closet is a dress my grandmother made my mom. I don't wear it often, my grandmother passed away when I was 14, so I dont have "adult" clothes that she made me, but I have some that she made my mom and I love them.
6. Thebest cure for a bad day is coffee and long talks with B.
7. Today is FRIDAY! Tomorrow I go try on wedding dresses with my mom!!
If you can't tell, I have started "pinterest Mondays" - quotes I have found on Pinterest that I think need sharing - some are deep, some are funny. I just think sometimes it is nice to sit back and ponder on things. So that's why there has been a pinterest picture about once a week on here.
I hope y'all like it - but it really is for me to look back and ponder on things and smile, laugh or cry. :)
1. My favorite grade in school was the third grade and fourth grade. Miss Boren and Mrs. Gross were my favorite teachers. I actually still keep in touch with Miss Boren (who is married and goes by another name now!) She lives in Thailand and I think B and I may catch up with her for a few hours on our Honeymoon. 2. My favorite teachers were Miss Boren and Mrs. Gross were my favorite teachers. I actually still keep in touch with Miss Boren (who is married and goes by another name now!) She lives in Thailand and I think B and I may catch up with her for a few hours on our Honeymoon. They were both so caring and just amazing people. 3. The highest level of education I have completed is I have my BA from UT. I went to law school for a semester and HATED IT. :) 4. School lunches for me were usually sandwiches and fruit and little veggies with a dip. 5. The amount of money you'd have to pay me to go back to high school would be A LOT. While I had a great time in high school - I wouldn't want to relive it. 6. A few things that will always remind me of going back to school are new clothes, school supplies and really fun mechanical pencils. 7. The first day of school was always nerve wracking - I was always worried about not knowing anyone in my classes (I always knew people!)
So...I know it is Thursday and I know this post is about 3 days too late - OH WELL DEAL. ;)
This past weekend was a weekend that I NEEDED.
I headed to the ATX for a bachelorette party.
Friday I stayed at K's house - I actually got into the ATX around 4 and spent the next few hours with K and baby K. Baby K is our flower girl and I just love her to piece - the sweetest cutest most amazing kid. (Of course she is - her mom is my best friend!) Anyway - I needed the hours of talking, drinking and seeing my best friend. We stayed up talking around the kitchen table until about 1AM - we both woke up with incredible hangovers - 100% awesome.
I headed into town and met the rest of the bachelorette party crew on Saturday morning. We ended up eat way too much food, walking around Austin and just remembering what it was like to be a college kid again. We went to the hotel - had a lingerie party - OH LA LA - and then headed for tailgating - because a bachelorette party in September in Texas ALWAYS includes Football and beer. We drank and ate some more and then headed back to the hotel to change into our ROCK STAR attire - oh yes we went down 6th street rocking it 80s style. It was amazing.
I would say I have pictures - but pretty much none are ok for Internet usage!
I love my girlfriends - I love our no drama happy weekends.
This of course has me starting to think of my own bachelorette party - hopefully in NOLA.
I'm not sure that is how to have a lovely day for me...but for someone;
for me - it would be:
1. Drink wine - LOTS
2. Wear a pretty dress
4. Play with the Roxy dog
5. Enjoy time with B!
6. Eat sushi
7. GO shopping
8. Spend time with my amazing girlfriends
9. See my parents
11. Go for a walk in a beautiful neighborhood
12. Sleep in or go to sleep early
13. DRINK wine .... ooooh I already wrote that...
So I guess we have 3 things in common with this lovely day idea.
I am married to the most amazing man in the world - B! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family and the most amazing friends a girl could ever have. One day I made the decision that I have one life so I might as well love it and be happy every single day - so I am. Try it. I couldn't ask for a better or more charmed life than the one I have been given.