OK it is Fill in the Blank Friday again ...go here to link up with Lauren's blog at "the little things we do"
Ok here goes:
1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is : go to the bathroom. I know...I KNOW...but it is true, that's what I do.
2. I can hardly wait for: this Sunday! We are visiting our first VENUE!
3. The quickest way to my heart is ice cream because I LOVE IT and it makes me smile - blue bell homemade vanilla please.
4. A little known fact about me is I wasn't one of those girls dreaming about their wedding growing up so I AM CLUELESS as to what I want or do not want..I just wasn't girly.
5. The best part of my job is I get to go to awesome events like YESTERDAY I got to see Condoleezza Rice speak...yeah it was awesome. Yes I am from Texas...so you can probably figure out my political views.
6. Something I just couldn't live without is mascara - I have like zero eyelashes.
7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is be crafty. I suck at it.
I realized I never fully told the story of how we became ENGAGED:
I got off of work early on Thursday, April 5. As B's birthday is the 7th we had planned to go out that night and celebrate just the two of us. I should have known something was up when he showed up at 4 in the afternoon. We decided to go get cocktails before dinner so I started getting ready much quicker.
As I went towards the front door there he was with my ring in his hands. I was stunned. He asked me to marry him and I said "are you kidding me, are you serious" and then I just started jumping up and down saying yes. It was sweet and very much us. Roxy was running around looking at me like I was crazy. It was hands down the best day of my life.
Afterwards I called EVERYONE- but first my parents (neither answered) then my brother - he was the very first person I told. I then retried calling my parents (mom answered) and she said "congrats, it's beautiful isn't it?" - That's when I knew he had showed my ring to my parents - they knew it was going to happen before I did. I love that he asked. FINALLY my dad called me back. I knew how happy my family was for this day to come.
We went to his dad's office (his dad has an office in Htown and in Dtown and was just by chance in Htown that night) and showed him. Everyone was very excited for us. His dad's office had a party going on and we had our pictures taken, I hope to get a hold of one of those.
Afterwards we headed to dinner at Haven (AMAZING!) and then to The Tasting Room to open a bottle of champagne and just be together.
I am married to the most amazing man in the world - B! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family and the most amazing friends a girl could ever have. One day I made the decision that I have one life so I might as well love it and be happy every single day - so I am. Try it. I couldn't ask for a better or more charmed life than the one I have been given.