Thursday, December 24, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I know I have mentioned how much I like B, how wonderful he is and overall how incredibly lucky I am to have him in my life. I am so happy that we never got into a relationship in college. I am glad we both at one time or another just weren't ready for the other. I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. I literally wake up every morning thinking how lucky I am.
Last night was date night. We went out for sushi. (We now know not to go to Uptown Sushi ever again. While delish- highly overpriced and Aka is WAY better!) We sat in one of those "swanky" booths and it was like being in our own world. Miso soup, edamame, tuna tartare, 3 rolls and a few pieces of salmon - I was stuffed. I was happy and I was enjoying every second of it being just hima nd I.
After sushi we went to Tasting Room for amazing wine. One bottle of Malbec to split please! We sat on the patio, next to a heater and truly enjoyed each other's company. We held hands, chatted, cuddled and kissed. Super romantic and overall- exactly how we always are together.
I do enjoy wine and I do love sushi and I think it is wonderful to be dating someone that enjoys both of them as well.
I have never had a bad time when I am with him. I am the luckiest gal alive. He is amazing. He is wonderful, thoughtful and just overall the best match for me that I have ever had.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
x. Height: 5'2"ish
x. Hair colour: brown
x. Eye colour: hazel brown/green
x. Piercings: one in each ear
x. Tattoos: NoneRight Now:
x. What are you wearing?: black yoga pants and hot pink long sleeve t
x. What taste is in your mouth?: tea
x. What's the weather like?: chilly
x. How are you?: a little stressed but overall happy
x. Get motion sickness?: not so much.
x. Have a bad habit?: I'm way too hard on myself!
x. Get along with your parents?: absolutely.
x. Like to drive?: actually, I love driving!
x. Boyfriend or Girlfriend?: boyfriend :)
x. Sexuality?: straight
x. Children?: later on in life ...
x. Been hurt?: Oh yes.
x. Your greatest regret?: i don't regret
x. Your CD player has in it right now?: Michael Buble- Crazy love
x. If you were a crayon: sunshine yellow!
x. What makes you happy?:great conversation
x. Whats your pet peeve: ignorant, judgmental people, stupidity, selfishness
x. What's the next CD you're going to get?: the new Roger CD
HAVE YOU EVER....
x. Been in love?: yes
x. Gone skinny dipping?: yes
x. Had surgery?: no
x. Swam in the dark?: Yes.
x. Been to a Bonfire?: yes.
x. Been on stage?: Yes.
x. Slept outdoors?: Yes.
x. Pulled an all nighter?: too many times!
x. Made out with a stranger?: ha ha ha....yes
x. Been on radio/tv?: yes.
x. Gotten lost in the woods?: yes
x. Been in an Undertow?: no
x. Smoked a Cigar?: yes.
ALL ABOUT YOU...
x. Wallet: its black!
x. Shoes: i love high-heeled boots. and pretty heels. and flip flops.
x. Cologne/Perfume: Stella by Stella McCartney
IN THE LAST 24 HOURS HAVE YOU....
x. Cried: no
x. Bought something: yes.
x. Been kissed: um in the past 24 hrs no but 48 yes...
x. Talked to an ex: nope
x. Talked to someone you have a crush on: yes
x. Had a serious talk: yes
x. Hugged someone:yes
x. Boyfriend/girlfriend: yes
x. Would you rather be with friends or on a date?: both actually but not at the same time!
x. Like being around people?: i love it ... well, if i like them.
x. Thing you ate: mochi ice cream
x. Thing you drank: tea
x. Place you went: to CVS
x. Person you hugged: Bryan
x. Person you talked to: My dad
x. Person you IMed: Bryan
x. Song you heard: Michael Bubles' Haven't Met you yet
x. Current Mood?: i'm doing pretty good.
x. Current Hair?: long and straight.
x. Current DVD In Player?: Felicity season 1
x. Are you artistic?: i'd say "creative"
x. Are you athletic?: kinda...
x. Are you a brat?: me? never.
x. Do you like spiders?: no
x. If you could be anywhere, where would you be?: on a boat with those I love.
Seven things in your room:
6. bedside table
Seven things to do before death:
1. run a half marathon
2. fall truly in love with an amazing person that I should be in love with
3. get married.
4. wake up every morning with a smile on my face
5. see Africa and Austrailia
6. live abroad.
7. get on the kiss cam on one of those big screen tvs at a sporting event.
Seven things that attract you to the sex of your choosing:
1. the way I feel when they hug me (if it is the right person!)
2. how I am treated by them
3. their eyes
4. eye contact, you know the kind that makes you want to keep staring
5. ability to hold great conversation
27 "2009" Questions(these questions pertain to the year of 2009 only)
1.) Where did you ring in 2009? In Houston
2.) What was your status by Valentine's Day? I was in a relationship- unfortunately
3.) Were you in school (anytime this year)? No
4.) How did you earn your keep? Insurance Agent/Agency owner
5.) Did you ever have to go to the hospital? this year? no.
6.) Have you ever encountered the police? nope
7.) Where did you go on vacation? I didn't this year - but I am headed to Seattle soon!
8.) What did you purchase that was over $500? I have no idea.
9.) Did you know anybody who got married? Yes.
10.) Did you know anybody who passed away? yes
11.) Have you run into anybody you graduated high school with? yes, all of the time
12.)Did you move anywhere? to my beautiful house!
13.) What sporting events did you go to? Astros, Rockets
14.) What concerts did you go to? Britney, Roger, and a slew of others
15.) Are you registered to vote? yes
16.) If so, did you do your patriotic duty? yes
17.) Where do you live now? TW
18.) Describe your birthday this year. It hasn't happened yet but I know I will have a great time!
19.) What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2009? getting together with Bryan. So perfect and yet why did I never see it?
20.) What is one thing you regretted this year? regret is nothing someting I do
21.) What's something you learned about yourself? I am stronger than I thought and more resilient than ever. Plus - I am one of the happiest people I know.
22.) Any new additions to your family? no
23.) What was your best month? October
24.) What was your worse month? June- but it ended up being the best month of the year because I got rid of the only person that was bringing me down.
25.) What from pop culture will you remember 2006 by? Michael Jackson dying? I really dont care about pop culture
26.) How would you rate this year with a scale from 1 (shitty) to 10 (excellent)? 8.....one of my best years but had a few of my worst days.
27.) how are you ringing in 2010? In Seattle at one of my best friend's weddings. I am so excited.
Welcome to the 2009 edition of "getting to know you." I fill these out at random times so that I can look back and see what my answers are....
What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds..they are a girl's best friend
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I cannot remember.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Mad men
5. What did you have for breakfast? nothing yet - trying to work on actually eating breakfast
6. Your middle name? Noelle
7. What is your favorite cuisine? French or sushi
8. What foods do you dislike? tomatoes and anything REALLY spicy
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Feta Potato Chips - i've only found them in Greece!
10. Your favorite CD at the moment? Michael Buble- Crazylove
11. What kind of car do you drive? Blue Subaru Legacy
12. What characteristics do you despise? selfishness
13. Are you superstitious? Nope
14. Favorite item of clothing? my countless long sleeved plain t shirts.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Europe
16. What color is your bathroom?black and white
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Banana Republic
18. Where would you retire? Somewhere close to the ocean
19. Favorite time of day? one PM
20. Where were you born? Houston, Texas
21. Favorite sport to watch? football
22. What laundry detergent do you use? Tide
23. Coke or Pepsi? Coke
24. Are you a morning person or a night owl? morning
25. What size shoe do you wear? 6.5
26. Do you have pets? I personally do not have a pet.
27. Any new and exciting news you would like to share with your friends? nope
28. What (who) did you want to be when you were little? A neurosurgeon
29. Favorite Candy Bar? Reeces!
30. Favorite childhood memory? Selling lemonade with my friends to golfers on the golf course
31. Nicknames? Ange, Angie, and my dad has always called me pumpkin
32. Piercings? Ears
33. Eye color: Hazel green/brown
34. Ever been to Africa? Nope
35. Ever been toilet papering? who hasn't?
36. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yep
37. Been in a car accident? nope
38. Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons
39. Favorite day of the week? saturday
40. Favorite restaurant? I like hole in the wall and non chain restaurants
41. Favorite flower? Tulips - though I've never gotten any
42. Favorite ice cream?Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla
43. Disney or Warner Brothers? Disney
44. Favorite fast food restaurant? Chick-fil-a
45. Do you believe in Karma? Nope
46. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
47. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Nordstroms
48. What do you do most often when you are bored? Read a book
49. What is your bedtime? 11
50. Who's the last person you went to dinner with? Bryan :-)
51. What are you listening to right now? nothing
52. What is your favorite color? Red
53. Lake, Ocean or River? Ocean
54. How many tattoos do you have? None, and I never want one
55. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? tthe chicken
56. Favorite Cocktail? vodka and cranberry
57. Red or White? Red
58. Republican or Democrat? Republican
59. Favorite Family Vacation? almost all of our family vacations have been a blast - the Virgin islands was amazing, skiing in colorado...all were fun!
60. All Time Favorite Concert? Roger Creager at Gruene Hall
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
I ate WAY too much, hung out with family and watched UT beat TAMU! HOOK EM! Friday I went out with V and her friend C. It was a crazy crazy evening. Frozen screwdrivers do us in EVERYTIME - and we finished it off with a trip to 59 diner. DELISH!
I spent Saturday recovering. I needed it. I also looked at furniture with my mom.
B came back in town on Sunday morning and we had quite the eventful day! I was so happy to see him and pick him up from the Airport. We then caught up and played with Roxy. My dad called and wanted B and I to meet him at Gander Mtn. I KNEW I was getting a gun for my birthday and I finally got to get it. I got a Remington Shotgun and I LOVE IT. B got me a gun cleaning kit and a rifle case for it for my birthday. He then took me to the shooting range and showed me how to clean it. It was a blast. I am so glad he is home.
What is wonderful about us and the shooting range - it is what we did when we went on our first date- 6 years ago. Yes B and I dated (albeit briefly) 6 years ago. See we dated a little bit, then were just friends (because I called it off). Then 3.5 years ago we dated briefly again, and he called it off and now here we are. Older and wiser and happier. I am so happy. I love my life.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- my family
- my friends
- my health
- my faith
- my knowledge that it will always be ok
- for never truly having to know what it is like to have to go without
- for always having enough food, clothes and other necessities
- for the love that I have surrounding me at all times
Mostly though - I am so thankful to be where I am at this very moment. I am happy in all aspects of my life. It has been quite the journey to get to this place. I couldn't be happier than I am at this very moment.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Tonight...his dad is in town and we are going out to dinner. To say I am terrified is an understatement. I have never met parents that I didn't like and that didn't like me. But this time...it is different. I really want his dad to like me. I know it is very girly to say and all that...but it matters. It matters that parents like who their kids are dating.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Work has been crazy - but in a great way. Business is booming and I love it more as each day passes.
My family, as usual, makes me so incredibly happy. I am so blessed to have such amazing parents and a brother who makes me so proud to be his sister. Plus my brother makes me laugh and I love that we are so close.
I have been hanging out with my amazing friends who truly make my world go round. It is crazy how quickly one can become friends with another person. Val, a sorority sister from college who I was not really close to and I have become fast friends and I truly don't know what my life was like without her in it. Lonely and not full of laughter I'm sure. She is a true partner in crime and great at it! Karen, as always has been an amazing rock of a friend who I couldn't thank enough for her amazing talent at making me know everything will be ok. I wish we lived closer. I miss her daily!
On to the fun stuff about the man in my life.
While at the beach this past weekend with "B" he said something that resonated with my heart. We were walking hand in hand and I was smiling and I said "being at the beach makes me happy" and his response "What doesn't make you happy?"
That is how I want to be thought of. He and I have known each other since college - we went on a few dates in college and then a few after we graduated but nothing ever came of it - until just recently. I would characterize him as one of my best friends in college, we lost touch here and there but overall - he is amazing. I find myself laughing every time we are together, which to me is a huge key to happiness. He is out of town for work this week and has called every night, texted during the day and overall has shown me that when someone is interested, they will let you know - and he has. I couldn't be happier with us. While having an "us" is fairly new it almost seems as though there was always an "us". I don't know the path of this, but it makes me happy. I no longer want to "chart" out my life. I am living it. I am loving it.
Email of the day that made me smile (hes on a business trip at the moment):
"Had a good day. Good to be able to talk to you throughout the day. I'll be in midland tomorrow night and should have cell coverage most of the day. Hope you had a good day as well. Talk to you soon, miss you."
My heart smiles everyday. Life is amazing and I have nothing to be unhappy about. I am truly blessed.