Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 10: Tell us about your special someone

My B.


Wow, where to begin. I guess I will say that we met at UT back when I was about 20ish. A lot of my sorority sisters were friends with his fraternity brothers. I was dating someone else at the time so B and I became friends. When I became single he asked me out on a date. While it was fun and he was wonderful, I put him in the friend zone. In college we would meet up for coffee and talk, play poker with friends and I saw him all of the time. He truly was one of my good friends and I was lucky to have him.

As I left college and moved to Htown we lost touch for a while. We met back up and went on a few more dates but he put me in the friend zone then. We lost touch again for a few more years.

We both dated other people quite seriously, but those relationships ended.

One day he IMed me and we started talking. I remembered how much I enjoyed him in my life and now we were both in the same city. So we went out for dinner and drinks and pretty much since then we have been inseparable. Almost two years now.

B is truly a loving, caring and amazing man. I feel so incredibly lucky every single day. I feel like I am living a dream. Sure there are bad days, but every single day I know I am loved and I know I am cared for beyond what I can even imagine. He truly is the love of my life.

No comments: