Monday, January 17, 2011

Continuation of my last friendship post

Picking the people you want in your life and not keeping the ones that hold you back. That is what the last 2 years have been about for me.

Pre having B in my life I realized that I was in a "holding" pattern of dating seriously awful men. Men who said cruel things, did cruel things and yet I still held on. Sometimes I look back at those times in my life and I think "WHO THE HELL WAS I TO PUT UP WITH THAT BS?" I feel like an entirely different person than I used to be. I guess what they say is true - if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.

I have done the same with friends. I just don't know how to truly explain the freeing feeling. I just think sometimes you have to truly look at your life and see who lifts you up and who doesnt.

2 comments:

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

I agree! I think as I've grown older (and wiser I hope!), I'm able to really see which friendships are worth investing time in!

pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

Dream Big said...

Thanks so much. Such a great reminder that the true friends last and that when you let go of the guys who give you loads of BS you're free to receive what you really deserve :)