Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Death of a friendship

Has anyone else been there? In that place where you realize that someone isn't who you thought they were? That the "friendship" isn't balanced?

I recently have realized this about someone I had in my close circle, at least she was in my close circle, I was not in hers, but I realized she isn't who I thought she was. We don't share the same values. It is rough.

So I am mourning the death of a friendship. It is a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Any advice?

1 comment:

Carrie Hampe said...

Was in your shoes 4 1/2 years ago.
I lost my best friend of 18yrs. It was like over night we had nothing in common and could not see eye to eye on anything. It was the hardest thing to cut the cord. BUT I did. After that first 6 months I realized there was less drama in my life and I was giving sooo much of myself in a negative way. The grieving turned to peace. Now 4 1/2yrs later, I am very thankful for that friendship and very thankful we moved on.
It tough