Friday, March 26, 2010

Date night!



Last night B and I had a date night. I loved it. Sometimes I think life goes by quickly and it is nice to stop and smell the roses so to speak. I truly enjoy our date nights for lots of reasons.

  • I am with someone who stops and takes the time to be in the moment with me. I have never had that before. I, of course, wanted to talk about how long we've been together, past great dates etc and he of course told me to stop thinking about the past or the future and to live in the now. It is so hard for me to do that. It is hard for me to not compare or evaluate things on an on going basis. I wonder if he ever evaluates us or thinks about the past or the future. I know men and women think differently, but sometimes I have no idea what is going through his mind.

  • I always feel so important when I am with him. I know this should be an obvious thing but when I look back and think about him and I, I never have a doubt in my mind that I am important to him. It is a wonderful feeling.

  • I enjoy his company. We laugh, poke fun, (sometimes I am too sensitive and I do like that he doesn't let me be overly sensitive!) and inbetween those moments there are stolen kisses, hugs and hands held.

  • We may not be the overly affectionate couple - but date night includes my favorite things - him opening the door (I know it is cliche, but I love it when he opens the car door for me), holding hands as we drive (this always makes me feel so special!), kisses and good wine with lots of laughter. I don't think we have ever had a date night without wine. It's kinda our thing!

Anyway- last night we went to Ruggles Grill and it was so good. We split a crab cake (divine!) and I had the salmon and he had the stuffed chicken. After Ruggles we went to the Tasting Room (per our usual!) and split a bottle of Malbec. All in all, a wonderful date night.

As he heads out of town for a bachelor party - this weekend is going to be quite the girls weekend - drinks, mani/pedi, drinks and brunch. Cannot wait...and hopefully I will bake an apple pie on Sunday :)



No comments: