Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2 ER visits and one amazing boyfriend

St Patty's day 2010 will not be forgotten by me in a long long time....

I was at work and started to feel a little itchy. I took 2 benadryl and left work at 3 to head down to the festivities with B and one of his co-workers. I break out into hives every once in a while and I thought, oh well, I just won't drink and I'll be fine. We hung out until 7 and then B had to go to a company dinner so I headed to his place- I got dinner and settled in to watch TV. Around 9 I started to feel awful and I had hives that wouldn't go away and I started to not be able to breathe 100%. So I texted B that I thought that I needed to go to the ER. He came home and rushed me to the ER where we were for 4 hours. He took such great care of me.
I took Thursday off of work and stayed at his place. B called throughout the day and made sure I was doing ok. We went out for dinner (because I couldn't handle just sitting inside any longer!) and then headed back to his place. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up right as he was going to bed...my face, lips and body were all swollen - so we went back to the ER. We were there until 5 am and he had a flight to catch to Mexico for work at 830. Poor guy got an hours worth of sleep. He called non stop from Mexico to make sure I was ok. I spent Friday night with my friend V and then headed to my parents on Saturday (they were out of town until Saturday night).

Truly...I have never in my life ever had an allergic reaction like that. I am so lucky to have such a caring, compassionate and loving bf. I am sure he thinks I am "overreacting" by how thankful I am...but I am really thankful that he didn't think it was nothing and that he took such great care of me.

No comments: