Moroccan Chicken Stew
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 pounds of chicken (I used 2 or 3 thighs and the rest breasts) skinned
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger (I use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a slow cooker place carrots and onions.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add to cooker;
3. top chicken with raisins and apricots.
4. In bowl whisk broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add to cooker.
5. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6-1/2 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
I usually make the couscous out of the box that is Toasted pine nut flavor and put the stew over it.