Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas

I fail to take pictures. I fail at remembering my camera when we go places or do anything. Oh well.

B and I spend Christmas up at his parents house.

Let's rewind:

My birthday is the 22nd. We went to the tasting room and friends came and celebrated. I also invited my parents, brother and grandfather. It was wonderful. I loved having everyone there. I truly felt special that so many people took time out of their busy Christmas time schedules to come out and celebrate with me.

On the 23rd we went to B's parents house. They live about 5 hours from us. While we see them somewhat often, it is usually for a short period of time. We see my parents MUCH more often than his. On the 23rd we went to dinner with his parents and my godparents. It was lovely and the first time they had met.

On the 24th we went to his Grandparents (dad's side of the family). We had a tradition Christmas meal and they do a gift exchange. Everyone brings a $25 gift and then they follow the white elephant gift rules of being able to "steal" someone's gift or pick another to unwrap. It was fun and a good laugh. I truly enjoy being around his grandparents. I have lost all but one Grandparent. I only have my Abuelo still living so it is nice to see his grandmother and grandfather. His grandmother even made us cookies. :)

On the 25th we went to his Cousins house (his mom's side of the family) and spend the day with his Cousin, Aunt, Uncle, Grandfather (his grandmother on this side of the family has sadly passed away) and other family members. It was great getting to spend time with them and get to know them more. His Uncle went to the Bahamas with us this summer and his grandfather we went to Colorado off-roading with last year. They are the adventurous side of his family!

Late on the 25th we headed to my parents house and spend the night and hung out with my parents, brother and grandfather.

It was truly a wonderful way to spend Christmas.

Then on the 27th our parents met for the first time. Yes, for the first time and it went wonderfully. I couldn't have been more pleased with how well it went. With B being an only child and our family being so close, it was important to me that they all got along well. So my heart is full.

B's parents were in town all last week and it was just great seeing them more than usual. His father had to work during the day, but it was nice that B got to spend so much time with his parents.

We truly had a wonderful Holiday season. :)

No comments: