Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Project 333

In the past few months, I have been reading a lot about minimalism and simplifying. I came across project 333 - it is called project 333 because you choose 33 items to wear in your wardrobe for 3 months. I have decided to do a "modified" or "cheating" version of this.

The real rules are here:

Project 333 GETTING STARTED

I have modified it for myself - I chose 33 clothing items (this doesn't include jewelry, shoes, accessories or tights) and I am starting there.

Over the 3 days weekend I went through my closet and chose 33 items for me to wear from 1 September - 30 November. I also am not including my winter coat (as I live in Texas and I will probably only need it a handful of times.)

I know some people will call this cheating - but for me- I am doing this more for myself to come up with outfits within my closet. I am also making Polyvore sets of each day so that I can look back and see how many different outfits I can make with these options.

Part of this exercise is also about simplifying my life. I hope to every Sunday pick out all of my outfits (head to toe including underpinnings and jewelry and shoes) for each day so that my morning routine is easy. So far- 3 days in - I love it.


Here are my outfits for the past 3 days:

 
_______________________________________________
 

_______________________________________________
___________________________________________________
 
 
While this is by no means a "fashion blog" - obviously I am very boring with my fashion- I am using it as a place to document this journey - and all of my other ones.
 
 
 
IN the process of this entire undertaking - I donated 2 bags of clothing - clothes that I do not wear and know someone else needs.  B and I also did this in our kitchen as well - we don't need various sets of plates, silverware etc. Slowly I am trying to get our "stuff" under control and make life more about living instead of cleaning and organizing! 

No comments: