Monday, August 26, 2013

Mom

 
Today is my mother's birthday. It is a "big" birthday - but if I put the age of her online she would kill me. I remember her reading Dr. Seuss to me all of the time when I was little.
 
To my mom - I love you. I am the person I am today because of you and Dad. I am so proud to be your daughter.  You bring so much love and joy into my life. There truly are no words to say how fortunate I am to have you as my mom. I was raised in such a loving home and truly as the years go by, I know how lucky I am to have you. I love you more than you will ever know and yet probably less than you love me.
 
You truly have given me the world. From our trips to Paris, truly your favorite city in the world- to encouraging me to become myself. I know we differ on so many things, but the big things - you taught me. You instilled adventure, love, generosity, and selflessness in me.  I learned these traits from watching you and seeing the kind of person you are- because as much at my little brother and I give you a hard time - you truly are the very best person we know. I love that you taught our family that being together is truly a gift - that you instilled in my brother and I that we are to be friends, not just siblings - and that family comes above anyone else.
 
You love with your full heart. You have a sense of adventure that probably could have gotten you killed a few times and you are such an incredibly hard worker. You taught my brother and myself how to LIVE. You give of yourself tirelessly so that your "babies" have such wonderful lives. Truly- because of you- B and I's wedding day was our perfect day. Without you it wouldn't have happened.
 
So - as you turn a milestone today- know that your son and I are so blessed to have a mom like you.
 
I love you.

1 comment:

Corine Moore said...

...so sweet! Isn't family great! :) PS. I think the song "For Good" from the play "Wicked" applies here... :)