Tuesday, May 24, 2011

as the days go by

The reason that I started my 101 in 1001 was because I found myself not truly LIVING. I was going through the motions of life, but not enjoying it. Daily now I live. Sure, I spent last night on the couch with B watching the Mavs play - but that is where I wanted to be.

I truly remind myself to live each day - to enjoy each day as it was your last. So I live and I love. I truly love my life.

What I love so much is that I truly have found a partner - for life, in life. We explore, travel and see so many things. Soon we are going to the middle of nowhere with some friends. A middle of nowhere beach to camp and just be in a beautiful place. He has helped me see that I love doing things like this. While I complain at times (I mean there are NO restrooms in the middle of nowhere) it is wonderful to TRULY get away from it all. He does indulge me at times - we did stay at a beautiful 4 diamond hotel while in La Jolla, California 2 weeks ago. We do it all. Later this summer we will be boating from Florida to the Bahamas for 10 days. Like I said - we do it all. From camping to 4 diamond hotels to boating. Last year was a big mountain year - with Colorado and all of the offroad adventures - this year seems to be our beach year.

I love traveling alone - but I love traveling with him more. I've never felt that way.

2 comments:

Al said...

Wow - You and I really are experiencing the same thing - SO happy that you are happy sweetie :) It is incredible to find someone who makes you WANT to live, isn't it? Cheers to you, my love!
xoxo,
Al

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Hey, I saw on Kellyskorner that you were looking for Houston bloggers. I'm a Houston blogger and several of my friends are too!