Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crazy fun life

The past few weeks have been crazy, but fun.

B and I went back to Austin 2 weekends ago. We went to the UT game and truly had a wonderful time being in the city where we first met. UT won, which made it all the better! We stayed with the best man in our wedding and his wife (and their 4 month old - who is so precious!!!) All in all - It was wonderful.

This year is flying by so quickly and there is so much happening in our lives.

We already have our next two trips planned out. Both are family trips. One with his parents and one with my family.

With his parents we are taking their boat from Delray Beach, Florida to Duck Key. We are staying in the Marina (on their boart) at Hawks Cay Resort.  I am looking foward to it. I love my in laws. They are truly such amazing people and I love that we all get along. I feel truly fortunate to have in laws that are so wonderful. I know quite a few people who are not as fortunate as I am. Hearing the horror stories makes me know how blessed I am. A week in the Florida keys sounds fabulous to me!

The other trip that is now finally planned is our trip to Cuba. This trip with my family is something that I have wanted to do ever since I was little. The last time my mom was in Cuba, she was 8 years old. This is a "homecoming" of sorts, and yet I know it will be incredibly hard on my grandfather. I think there will be ups and downs - but truly I want to see where my mom's family comes from - and I want to see it through his eyes.

There are so many things to look foward to - Thanksgiving, CHristmas, Parties, luncheons, dinners and everything in between.

This truly is the best time of the year!

No comments: